A network device audit by Perspective Risk provides a comprehensive and detailed security audit of network components such as switches and routers, to ensure that weaknesses in their configuration are identified and remediated, reducing the risk of a security incident.
Network devices are crucial for the operation of any organisation, and their compromise can have a huge impact, which can be immediately quantifiable in terms of lost revenue and productivity.
What can you gain from a network device audit by Perspective Risk?
- You can extend your connectivity to achieve business objectives without sacrificing security
- You are supported in meeting government regulations and compliance requirements
- You reduce the risk of network device compromise and subsequent loss of revenue and productivity
What does a network device audit involve?
- You work with a consultant with in-depth knowledge of the security of the device you wish to audit
- We work with you to understand the function of the device and the environment in which it operates to ensure that our audit provides relevant and achievable recommendations
- We review all configuration aspects ensuring that security is addressed at every level – as well as the exposure of the device to network threats, we conduct a complete review of the risks from every threat community
- An assessment of the device patch level, the logging and auditing implementation, authentication mechanisms as well as any available security features
- A device audit is a great addition to a network penetration test as this provides a complete picture of the strength of all your controls, not just the ones directly exposed to an attacker
Why choose Perspective Risk for network device audits?
- Our methodology draws on years of experience across a wide range of technologies
- We cover all major technologies including Cisco, Juniper, 3COM, HP
- Audits not only review configurations but also consider the implementation of security hardened devices
- Network device audits are based on a robust set of industry and government security standards
- You gain an in-depth view of the security of critical devices
- You can identify security flaws in network devices before a threat is realised
- You receive a prioritised report based on key gaps relevant to your organisation