With the dramatic increase in the use of web applications, which are often seen as the Achilles’ heel of cyber security, maintaining their security and integrity is crucial.
Weaknesses could result in compromise of sensitive data, regulatory sanctions, financial losses, fraud, reputational damage or loss of productivity.
What can you gain from web application penetration testing by Perspective Risk?
- Improve your secure coding standards (or your outsourced development team’s) to prevent vulnerabilities in the long term
- Prevent fraud in your online shops
- Protect your brand’s reputation by avoiding the bad publicity associated with a security compromise
- Avoid fines and judgements due to regulatory breaches
- Comply with relevant regulations or legislation e.g. PCI DSS, Data Protection Act, GDPR, Security Policy Framework
What does web application penetration testing involve?
- Our proven methodology is based on the industry-recognised Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) guidelines to assess every aspect of the application’s security – from authentication mechanisms through to business logic and beyond
- Depending on the purpose of your application, we determine what threat vectors are applicable
- We carry out our assessment utilising these threat vectors, providing a realistic appraisal of the unique threats that face your organisation
- Any vulnerabilities or weaknesses we encounter are detailed in full in a final report
- We provide a detailed list of remedial activities prioritised in order of magnitude of risk to your business
Why choose Perspective Risk for web app penetration testing?
- A tailored assessment that applies to your business and relevant threats, not a generic assessment of theoretical risks
- Work with CREST Qualified consultants experienced in application penetration testing
- A clear report which prioritises the risks relevant risks to your organisation so you can easily remediate any vulnerabilities